One the main reasons I did not receive salvation through Jesus Christ as a teen is because it was never really explained to me. I had heard of Jesus, but understanding why I needed to receive Him as Lord and Savior was not presented to me in a simplistic way Biblical way did not happen until I was a sophomore in college. Here is God plan of salvation explained for today’s teen.
1. Man was born in sin because of Adam’s disobedience to God.
Romans 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.
2. Because of our sin, we were separated from God and deserving of death.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
No matter how good we are, we can not redeem ourselves of our own sins. Making good grades, not hurting anyone, never using drugs, or using profanity would not gain pardon of sins.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
3. Because of God’s love for man, He would send His only Son to live a sinless life, and ultimately pay the price of sin that mankind might have remission of sins, and eternal life.
Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
4. To be saved from sin and make Jesus Lord and Savior, one must repent of their sins.
Repentance is more than asking for forgiveness, repentance means to turn. So when a person repents, they turn from sin and they begin to think, speak, and act according to the Word.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
5. Salvation only comes through the name of Jesus.
Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
Romans 10:13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
6. Sadly, if a person does not choose to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior of their life they are choosing to remain in sin. Upon death that person will suffer the wages of sin in Hell. Hell is a place of eternal torment that was created for the devil and his angles and for those they reject God. Once in Hell, there is no escape or repentance.
Matthew 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
I am glad I made Jesus my Lord and Savior at the age of 19, you can too.
Next is to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit….check back soon.
© Copyright 2013 Be A Trendsetter! Jerome Baker is the author of “Success Killers” and “Watch Who Hang With”, and the youth pastor of A Place of Refuge Church in Carrollton, Georgia.
More from my site